“Within the realm of possibility, you are the possibility”
~ Tara Michelle West
Without a ‘you’ in the equation, there would be no possibility.
Whether there is a possibility or not is up to you.
Whether or not the possibility is possible is up to you.
It is you who ultimately defines, then accepts or rejects, the possibility. It is you who lovingly breathes life to the possibility. It is you who nurtures, cares, and lovingly grows the possibility to ensure its success.
Therefore, it MUST all start with YOU – you, the possibility itself in all your glorious magnificence, and the originator of all other possibilities.
Doesn’t it therefore make sense to first grow yourself – your mind and wellbeing – to more capably grow any possibilities you define, or any possibilities that knock at your door? Because YOU are the most important possibility of all. YOU deserve to be the greatest version of yourself so you can better define, evaluate and accept new possibilities with confidence and a higher degree of success. A healthy mind = a healthy YOU.
Here are my 5 tips as an initial step in lovingly nurturing yourself so you can grow possibilities:
- Surround yourself with positive, non-judgemental people. When you can, remove yourself from toxic people or respectfully set clear boundaries on what is and isn’t acceptable to you and stick to it.
- Pick a topic you feel you need improvement in. For instance, it might be public speaking, negotiation, marketing – whatever instantly comes to mind for you – trust your intuition. Find a book on the topic and read it for 15 minutes (or more) EVERY day. When you’ve finished, write a 1-page summary of your takeaways – what did you love about the book? What lessons did you learn? What inspiration did it gift you? What new possibilities came to mind? This solidifies everything you have learned (but don’t ignore putting it into practice whilst reading 😉 ). When you’ve finished the book, repeat. Immediately pick another topic and start over.
- Create a gratitude journal and write in it EVERY day. Have a goal to write a minimum of three things you are grateful for that day. (I do this just after I’ve hopped into bed – a wonderful recap of the day and a fabulous way to finish it with grateful, positive affirmations before I go to sleep.) Once a week or so, read through the previous entries and see how good you feel!
- Exercise EVERY day; ideally first thing in the morning to release all those wonderful endorphins – even if it’s only a 15-minute walk.
- Meditate EVERY day. Not only does it rewire your brain, but it makes you feel good, with science proving the emotional and physical benefits. Aim for 30 minutes a day if you can – if you’re new to meditation, start with 10 minutes. If you find it hard to meditate or don’t know where to begin, I highly recommend the free Insight Timer app which you can find on iTunes and Play Store. Or play some inspirational, uplifting, relaxing music in the background and meditate.
And please, be kind to yourself.
Soooo, you glorious, magnificent originator of possibility… I wish you much success and blessings in your journey, where the realm of possibility begins with you!